The Mimi Washington Starrett Foundation provides grants to nonprofit organizations that have a meaningful impact on the well-being and economic development of the greater community, including those that address issues surrounding health, addiction, and homelessness; animal welfare; equal education opportunities; access to the arts; and environmental and historical preservation.
To positively impact the health and prosperity of the greater community.
We envision a philanthropic space in which nonprofit organizations, the lives they touch and causes they support, hold trust and power in the communities in which they are creating lasting impact throughout Morris County, NJ.
- Open communication with nonprofit organizations and other funding organizations in Morris County and across New Jersey
- Operating with a learning mindset so that we may best understand and support the needs of the community
- Providing project-specific or general operating support through grants, depending on the needs of the organization
- Single-year or multi-year funding as a way to best support mission-driven efforts and sustainability of the organization
- Beyond Grantmaking including offering opportunities for peer connections, additional outreach, collaboration, and education